This week felt rather frustrating and like I wasn’t getting anywhere. But when it comes down to it, I had a couple highly productive days and a couple not so productive days…but only if we’re talking writing.
1. I’m still on track for doing NaNoWriMo. My outlining and character sketches are becoming much more solid. I have a very clear idea of the story, where it’s going, and how it gets there. I also am starting to figure out what happens after the story, which is amazing, because it’s giving me huge HUGE insight into the characters during the story. So this goal is coming right along.
2. DONE!!! Final conflict/resolution are plotted. Plotted, I tell you, plotted. So, I’ve been on a bit of a writer’s high from that.
3. 1000 words, 3 days a week. Like last week, I didn’t get 1000 words over 3 days, but I still got my 3000 words. So I say (again) that I completed the heart of this goal.
4. Still not rereading. But gearing up to. After all, now that I’ve finished the outlining, I need to start rereading to so I can start writing that first draft.
5. And still no flash fiction. Dang it, but oh well. My other goals have much higher priority. And we’ll see what this week’s inspiration is, hopefully it gets the creative juices flowing and I’ll come up with something good. If not, eh…
But, besides writing, I spent the last two whole days cleaning. Yay! Except not so fun. But now that it’s done, yay! I love sleeping in a clean room. And some of the stuff I got taken care of has just been sitting in boxes, hidden in rooms, since we moved in…over 4 months ago! So it needed to get taken care of, and now it is. And now I feel so much more relaxed in my home. Also, is there anything better than sleeping in clean pajamas, clean sheets, in a completely clean room? No, there is not. Go on, try it. It’s amazing, maybe even addictive. Too bad I have 2 munchkins who actively try to keep things messy. Oh well. The door to my bedroom is closed so I’ll get one more night in a perfectly clean room.