This seems like a silly check-in for me.
1. Still planning on NaNo…no real changes here. Book 2 is becoming a more solid plot/idea/design, which I think will help come NaNo with Book 1. I think I’m going to start reviewing my outlining for Book 1, plug in any more details, smooth out a couple hiccups. And then maybe let it rest until November 1st. Maybe I’ll watch a movie (on that note I watched Labor Day this weekend…I loved it, loved it! It’s definitely not for everyone, it’s slow, it’s all about character, I think there is substantially more time without dialogue than with dialogue and virtually no action scenes…but still amazing. My crush on Kate Winslet continues.)
2. Whoop, whoop. I finished this goal last week.
3. Honestly, I’ve been writing. Buuutttt…I write everything by hand. And quite frankly I haven’t counted my words this week. I got a lot written the other night…so…I’m good 🙂
4. Still not rereading, going to go over my snowflake outline. This outline is NOT the big outline I’ve been working on, more of a condensed one, so I don’t consider it cheating. Also, I kind of need to do it if I’m going to go forward.
5. No flash fiction so far this week. But the prompt has been posted (I get my prompts from Rochelle Wisoff-Fields – Addicted to Purple) and I feel like if I sit down I could come up with something. So maybe I need to sit down. No excuses, I got to get one written.
So not a lot has changed since my last check-in, but it’s still nice to actually think about what I have accomplished in the past few days. Especially when at first thought it didn’t seem like much, but I think I’m chugging along just fine 🙂 . So maybe it’s not so silly after all.
Also, I’m having a really hard time naming the groups/society/city/country in my story. I’ve named the individual characters but none of the larger groups. Does anybody else have this problem? Right now my names are: the Group, the Elite, the City…I’m not even kidding. On that same train, I still have no idea about a book title…hence I refer to the books as Book 1 and Book 2. At least I capitalize them, right? So what advice can you give to someone who’s struggling with naming larger entities?